Privacy & Cookie Policies
2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR the data controller and for any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to: The Data Controller, Stonehouse Accountants, 30 Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 6SR, United Kingdom.
3. By using the Website you consent to this policy.
Information we Collect
4. We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent.
5. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
Use of your Information
6. We may hold and process personal data that you provide in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
7. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
7.1 To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service
7.2 If you are an existing client, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you
7.3 Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that we feel may be of interest to you
7.4 Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your Information
8. We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
9. Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in.
10. If you do not want us to use your data for our (or third parties’) use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data, or you can do so by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending us an email to email@example.com at any time.
11. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Controlling the Use of your Data
12. If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where Data is Stored and Transferred
13. As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA – this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. the website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
15. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
16. We may disclose your personal data outside of our business:
(a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
17. Otherwise, We will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
18. You have the right to opt out of us processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at: email@example.com
19. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third Party Links
20. This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
21. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve my website in order to tailor it to client needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
22. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
23. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or emailing email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They're used for many things, such as remembering whether you've visited the site before, so that you remain logged in - or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month. They contain information about the use of your computer but don't include personal information about you (they don't store your name, for instance).
This policy explains how cookies are used on websites created by Mevell Web Design in general - and, below, how you can control the cookies that may be used on this site (not all of them are used on every site).
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Website, using cookies. The cookies allow us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit. You can choose, below, not to allow cookies. If you do, we can't guarantee that your experience with the Website will be as good as if you do allow cookies. The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Website and your location. Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser - remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
• Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE - the mobile version is at http:/ /www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
• Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
• Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy
Types of cookie that may be used during your visit to the Website
The following types of cookie are used on this site. We don't list every single cookie used by name - but for each type of cookie we tell you how you can control its use.
We do not use these type of cookies on this website. Other websites use these cookies to recognise repeat visitors to their Website and in conjunction with other information held, attempt to record specific browsing information (that is, about the way you arrive at the Website, pages you view, options you select, information you enter and the path you take through the Website). These are used to recommend content we think you'll be interested in based on what you're looked at before.
We do use these type of cookies on this website. These monitor how visitors move around the Website and how they reached it. This is used so that we can see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most, for instance. You can opt out of these if you want:
• Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Third-party Service Cookies
• Facebook's data use policy: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
Our own Ad Serving and Management Cookies
We do not use these type of cookies on this website. Other websites can and do sell space on some of their websites to advertisers - they pay for the content you enjoy for free. As part of this, they use several services to help the website owner and advertisers understand what adverts you might be interested in. These cookies hold information about the computer - they don't hold personal information about you (ie it's not linked to you as an individual). But they might hold a record of what other websites you've looked at - so we could show you a car advert if you've previously visited a motoring website. Below are some examples of the services they may use and how you can control those cookies. Please note that turning off advertising cookies won't mean that you are not served any advertising merely that it will not be tailored to your interests.
Site Management Cookies
We do not use these type of cookies on this website. These types of cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Website. For instance, where a website runs on more than one server, other websites may use a cookie to ensure that you are sent information by one specific server (otherwise you may log in or out unexpectedly). Other websites may use similar cookies when you vote in opinion polls to ensure that you can only vote once, and to ensure that you can use our commenting functionality when not logged in (to ensure you don't see comments you've reported as abusive, for instance, or don't vote comments up/down more than once).
These cookies cannot be turned off individually but you could change your browser setting to refuse all cookies (see above) if you do not wish to accept them. For more information on any service with which we can help, please contact us now.
Ad Management Cookies
Other ad management cookies - We do not use these types of cookie on our website as our website does not use any outside advertising organisations.
Advertisements on other Websites provided by other organisations my serve advertisements that they believe are most likely to be of interest to their visitors, based on information about their visit to that Website and other websites. In order to do this, advertising partners may need to place a cookie on your computer. These cookies hold information about the computer - they don't hold personal information about you (ie it's not linked to you as an individual).
For more information about this type of online behavioural advertising, about cookies, and about how to turn this feature off, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/. Please note that turning off advertising cookies won't mean that you are not served any advertising merely that it will not be tailored to your interests.
Who We Are
Blake Tower Limited
City of London
When We Open
Monday to Friday 10.00am - 4.00pm